The 2021 APMP-NCA Board Elections are now open. Click here to take survey.
You must be an APMP Member affiliated with the NCA Chapter to vote.
The nominated slate of candidates is available below . . .
Director candidates serve for one-year terms.
- Annual Conference Co-Chair (select two)
- Morgan Anderson has supported the Technology Chair in modernizing the apmpnca.org, including providing design support, minor coding, content creation, and web page testing. She hopes to continue adding value to the NCA chapter by keeping fellow proposal professionals engaged and informed. Her passion is marketing and publicity. She has a deep network of professionals to invite to events, including experts in HR, DevOps, Finance, and many of the industries APMP represents. (She also is a part-time event planner and makes a cheese board that would move you to tears)
- Kirstin Billard has been an active member of APMP-NCA since July of 2019, and an active participant in the APMP-NCA Mentor-Protégé Program since February of 2020. Kirstin is a Protégé to Mentor to Jennifer Collister of Fusion Technology, LLC. Kirstin achieved her APMP Foundation Level Certification in August of 2020. Kirstin’s areas of expertise are Government Procurement, Business Development and Proposal Management. Kirstin joined the KLC Network Services, Inc. team in May of 2020 as the Proposal Coordinator, and acts as an internal technical recruiter. Kirstin supports the proposal team ensuring compliance and responsiveness, and also works with the proposal team to produce and publish timely, compliant, responsive, and high-quality winning responses to new and recurring opportunities. Kirstin is a George Mason University alumna with a degree in Interpersonal and Organizational Communication. Kirstin resides in Fairfax, VA and enjoys attending anime, gaming and comic conventions with friends in her spare time.
- Corporate Partner Program and Membership Chair
- Ashley Kayes has been a member of APMP since 2010 and became involved at the chapter level in 2019 as a member of the Professional Development Committee. Last year she took on the role of Corporate Partner and Membership chair. In this role, she has maintained communications with corporate partners and sent invoices for payment collection and coordinated changes due to COVID-19. She has also run the membership reports and sent out monthly membership emails. She has also followed up with member inquiries and helped new members affiliate with our chapter and organized a committee to support in-person events (before COVID hit).
- Marketing & Publicity Chair (Select three)
- Jim Bender has over twenty years’ experience in capture management for government contractors. His extraordinary strengths in federal marketing and communications helped start-ups grow to multimillion-dollar platforms. He has supported national marketing efforts for the Centers for Disease Control, National Institutes of Health and numerous non-profit organizations. Jim now works to help small businesses sharpen their marketing strategies, improve their processes, and raise more revenue with less drama. He has been a member of APMP NCA for since January 2018 and is a certified Proposal Professional (Foundation Level, December 2019) and Capture Practitioner (April 2020). He currently serves on the APMP NCA Board as the Marketing and Publicity Chair.
- Jessica Rodriguez-Privett, CF APMP has been active with APMP’s NCA chapter since 2017, volunteered at 2019’s Mid-Atlantic Conference, then joined the NCA Board in 2020, initially as the Annual Conference Chair in 2020, up until COVID-19 effectively shut down the 2020 MAC. She then transitioned to Marketing Co-Chair and accepted the challenge of quickly learning new responsibilities, finding that she enjoyed and ultimately preferred this new role. Jessica currently works as a Proposal Coordinator with Gryphon Technologies and prior worked as a Proposal Specialist for Delta Dental of Virginia.
- Jennifer Namvar is a proven Capture Director with 18 years of experience in all phases of the GovCon growth life cycle including: marketing, business development, capture, and proposal management for both new business and re-competes. She built her reputation in the GovCon industry by bidding and winning large, strategic opportunities with a focus on emerging and next generation technologies and solutions. She has held Capture positions at leading Federal Government Contractors where she successfully closed $2B in new and re-compete business. She holds a Federal CIO certification, an MS in Technology Management from George Mason University, and a BA in Journalism from the University of Maryland College Park. She cherishes her time with her family. She is a wife, mother of 2 young kiddos, lover of travel, reading, and fashion, and a fitness enthusiast.
- Mentorship/Professional Development Chair (Select two)
- Sarah Kassel is the current Professional Development Chair leading the 2020 Mentor-Protege Program. She was a Protege in the 2018 program, in 2019 she joined the Professional Development Committee, and had big aspirations and dreams for the 2020 program. Although the Mentor-Protege program is a key responsibility for this role, she also wanted to implement new opportunities to engage all NCA members on their professional development goals. Sadly, many of her plans had to be cancelled or adapted for 2020. Assuming 2021 will also need to be heavily virtual, she has begun to re-imagine how to provide more time-flexible resources, events, and coaching to remove time bound stress or barriers. She has also spent 2020 reflecting on unique ways to improve the overall well being of our members which she hopes to share with the board.
- Mary Kate joined the NCA board in mid 2020 to continue development of the Graduate Pathway Program (GPP). She has kicked off for the fall semester and adjusted to COVID impacts on programming. The GPP reflects her passion for demonstrating the proposal field as a long-term career path for graduates. Her current role is managing the development and assignment of proposal professionals (coordinators, artists, managers) and managing proposals.
- Events Chair (Select two)
- Yasaman Sadeghipour, is a business development, capture and proposal professional with more than a decade of experience in the industry. Currently she serves as one of two Event chairs for APMP NCA where she has worked to create engaging opportunities for members to meet each other and share and learn best practices. In addition to her work with NCA, Yasaman has been an active member of APMP for more than 5 years, and was recently awarded APMP’s 40 Under 40.
- Alisha Winder is a seasoned proposal and business development professional with over 10 years in the industry–coordinating, writing and managing proposals for government, commercial, and nonprofit clients. She is currently a Proposal Specialist at GOH, where she crafts Federal technical and price volumes, conducts competitive intelligence and contributes to overall company growth strategies. Alisha has been an active member of APMP for over 5 years. As the Event Co-chair Alisha hopes to improve on the impact that APMP has on the community and learn from her fellow proposal comrades by continued community involvement.
- Technology Chair
- Neal Levene, CPP APMP, Director of Proposal Management, Siemens Government Technologies, has over 30 years of sustained, progressive, and successful proposal development experience. He first caught the proposal bug shortly after graduating college when he was first asked to help out on resume preparation, and he never looked back. He has served a year as the Logistics Chair & 2 years as the Technology Chair on the Board. He appreciates the opportunity to give back to the industry that has given him so much. Neal has been an active member of APMP since 2010, and he recently presented at the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Bid & Proposal Conference. In addition to APMP’s Professional Level Certification, Neal also holds a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from the Project Management Institution (PMI).