The mission of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals – National Capital Area (APMP-NCA) chapter is to support our members in advancing their professional goals and increasing their capabilities to win business.
The APMP-NCA Chapter maximizes member value by:
- Creating an environment and opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and professionalism and to learn best practices that you can readily apply,
- Partnering with industry, academia, and government to unleash the power of capture and proposal management,
- Providing a forum for the discussion and examination of problems, solutions, applications, and ideas,
- Disseminating information regarding developments in our profession, and
- Attracting, developing, and retaining leadership to ensure the organization’s future.
Use the Power of APMP’s Largest US Chapter to Advance your Work and Career
APMP-NCA is the second largest of APMP’s 29 worldwide chapters. APMP-NCA supports members in the federal, state, local, and municipal government arenas. We are here to champion your success.
- Located in the metropolitan Washington, DC area — the hub of federal government business activity – the chapter’s in-person activities are conducted at a variety of locations in and around Washington
- Our virtual event offerings support members’ professional and educational goals, regardless of physical location
- We support new entrants to our profession through a robust Mentor/Protégé program and another program that has APMP-NCA members engage with students taking college courses related to writing, graphics, etc.
- We provide great networking opportunities for a community of more than 1,300 active members who are engaged in capture and proposal management and proposal development.
- Regular events that include topics such as public sector procurement and acquisition, business strategy, and the best practices used in crafting responses
- APMP-NCA is a repeat winner of APMP’s Outstanding Chapter of the Year Award
Our members include a broad range of proposal management, proposal development, capture management, business development, and competitive intelligence professionals. They are:
- Employees in the industry working for small and large firms
- Independent consultants who provide knowledge-based services
- Vendors of related products and services
- Members and staff of other associations
- Government procurement personnel
We serve your needs through:
In addition, our parent organization brings you the following: