The 2020 APMP-NCA Board Elections are now open. Click here to take survey.
You must be an APMP Member affiliated with the NCA Chapter to vote.
The nominated slate of candidates is available below . . .
EXECUTIVE BOARD CANDIDATES
Executive Board Candidates serve for two-year terms.
- Rebecca Link, CP APMP. Prior to joining the industry ten years ago, Rebecca completed her Master’s degree in Public Administration and has since fast-tracked her growth to become a Sr. Proposal Manager and Orals Coach at GDIT. She has served on the Board for the NCA Chapter for four years, most recently supporting as Chapter President, and she has played an integral role in leading the chapter’s functions and improving member benefits and board functions. In 2017, she received the award for “Up and Coming Board Member” and was named one of APMP’s Top 40 Under 40. A member of APMP for nine years, Rebecca has her Practitioner Level Certification.
- Steve Skeldon, CF APMP, is a Senior Proposal Manager with Vectrus, with 8+ years of proposal experience across the Federal services industry. He has managed and supported bids for a large variety of customers across civilian and defense sectors of Government, with heavy support of Navy and Army clients. He is heavily involved in APMP at the local and international levels, receiving the distinction of being named a 40 under 40 in 2018 at the APMP International Conference in San Diego, and currently serving as the Conference Co-Chair for the APMP NCA MAC 2019 conference. He holds a B.A. from Roanoke College and an M.P.S from The George Washington University.
- Ros Angus has nearly 20 years of combined executive search and contingent staffing and operations management experience, advising Fortune 500 companies and federal government and commercial contractors to provide tailored human capital solutions. She currently serves as Director, Business Development with Proposal Development Consultants, LLC, (PDC) a specialized staffing firm that supports government, state & local and commercial contractors in the functional areas of capture, pricing, proposals and production. She is an active APMP member and has served on APMP’s National Capital Area chapter committee in various capacities since 2010-2016.
- Eric Schwarz, CF APMP, has more than 27 years’ experience as an analyst, program manager, and business developer, with exposure to all aspects of proposal development and management. Eric holds BA and MBA degrees. Since 2004 he has been the Senior Bid & Proposal Manager for Information Builders’ Federal Systems Group. Prior to his business development career, Eric was a U.S. Army infantry officer for over 13 years. He has been an active member of APMP since September 2007 and received Foundation-level certification in 2013. He has served on the APMP-NCA Board since April 2008 and as Treasurer and Executive Board Member since January 2009. Eric has also been Treasurer of a church-based charity organization for over 23 years.
Director candidates serve for one-year terms.
- Annual Conference Co-Chair (select two)
- Michelle Cunningham, CF, APMP has been a member of APMP NCA since 2015. She served on the logistics committee for the 2019 NCA conference. Michelle was also a presenter at the 2017 NCA conference. Michelle is a Proposal Manager at CACI International and previously worked in proposal development at Vencore/Perspecta.
- Jessica Rodriguez-Privett, CF APMP has been active with the NCA chapter since 2017 and is a current committee member for NCA’s 2019 MAC, which recently held its flagship conference and was considered one of the most successful to date. Jessica has worked as a Proposal Specialist for Delta Dental of Virginia since 2012, earned her Foundation certification in 2018 and is currently working towards her Practitioners certification. She has over 15+ years of professional experience, having worked in healthcare, customer service and serving in the U.S. Navy prior to joining Delta Dental. Jessica is actively involved with event planning within her company and community, committing her time and skills volunteering with various organizations throughout Roanoke.
- Ashley Kayes, CP APMP, brings over 12 years of proposal experience, including serving as a proposal specialist, proposal coordinator, proposal writer, and proposal manager. She holds a Master’s degree in English concentrating in Professional Writing and Editing and holds a practitioner level certification through APMP. Currently a Senior Proposal Consultant with AOC Key Solutions, Inc. (KSI) Ashley is an active contributor to the KSI blog and led the effort to update and publish the “KSI Advantage© Capture and Proposal Guide.” She has also managed past performance repositories and libraries, developed and delivered proposal writing training programs, and developed proposal response processes. Ashley also manages a professional blog, “Proposal Reflections,” which features articles aimed at fostering business development, capture, and proposal success. In addition to contributions within the proposal industry, Ashley has taught English at Northern Virginia Community College, helping students gain writing skills to assist them in their future endeavors as college students and as workplace professionals.
- Candy Jenkins, PMP, CP APMP, is a multi-talented proposal professional with more than 20 years’ leadership experience in personnel management, team development, and proposal management. She is currently a Senior Proposal Manager for Perspecta. She is actively involved in the APMP-NCA Chapter, serving on this year’s Board of Directors as eZine Chair. She has previously published articles for APMP-NCA’s eZine as well as the APMP Journal and APMP’s new online publication, Winning the Business. She was also instrumental in transforming APMP-NCA’S eZine from a printed publication to an online journal.
- Jim Bender has over twenty years’ experience in capture management for government contractors. His extraordinary strengths in federal marketing and communications helped start-ups grow to multimillion-dollar platforms. He has supported national marketing efforts for the Centers for Disease Control, National Institutes of Health and numerous non-profit organizations. Jim now works small businesses sharpen their marketing strategies, improve their processes, and raise more revenue with less drama. He is completing my second year as an APMP member.
- Sarah Kassell PMP, CP-APMP, was a protégé in the 2018 NCA Mentor-Protégé program, and while it was very helpful, I knew the program had a lot of untapped potential. In 2019 I joined the Professional Development Committee to re-imagine and revitalize the program. This year Sarah focused on bringing technology and accessibility to the forefront of the program; utilizing an internal website, webinars, and rotating in-person gatherings to accommodate all participants. One of the most rewarding experiences was helping expand the network of our protégés, especially with regards to career advancement and new opportunities. For the 2020 program, Sarah would like to implement 2019 lessons learned, give participants more input over the curriculum, and drive higher attendance rates for in-person events. Although the Mentor-Protégé program is a key responsibility for this role, she would like to implement two new opportunities to engage all NCA members on their professional development goals.
- Yasaman Sadeghipour, is a business development, capture, and proposal professional with more than a decade of experience in the industry. Currently she serves as one of two Event chairs for APMP-NCA where she has worked to create engaging opportunities for members to meet each other and share and learn best practices. In addition to her work with NCA, Yasaman has been an active member of APMP for more than 5 years, participating at the 2017 Bid and Proposal Con as an Ignite speaker and at 2018 and 2019 Bid and Proposal Con as a presenter.
- Neal Levene, CPP APMP, Director of Proposal Management, Siemens Government Technologies, has 29 years of sustained, progressive, and successful proposal development experience. He first caught the proposal bug shortly after graduating college when he was first asked to help out on resume preparation, and he never looked back. He has served a year each as the Logistics & Technology Chair on the Board. He appreciates the opportunity to give back to the industry that has given him so much. Neal has been an active member of APMP since 2010, and he recently presented at the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Bid & Proposal Conference. In addition to APMP’s Professional Level Certification, Neal also holds a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from the Project Management Institution (PMI).