APMP National Capital Area Chapter (APMP-NCA) Logo Official Contest Rules
By entering, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility.
This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the APMP-NCA Logo Design Contest. The object of this contest is to design a logo for APMP-NCA. Information on how to enter and about the prize is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail. APMP-NCA reserves the right to make changes to these rules at any time up to the submission deadline and publicize such changes on APMP-NCA.org.
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual or entity that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
- Anyone may enter the logo contest. At their discretion, judges may give preference to entries from members in good standing of APMP-NCA.
- Members of the APMP NCA Board or their immediate family members are ineligible to enter.
- Entrants must be of legal age and standing to enter a contract with APMP-NCA as required below.
How to Enter
- Entries must be submitted by email to [email protected]. Logo entries must be submitted in one of the computer formats listed below. The email must include the name, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant as well as a 2-4 sentence statement from the Entrant about the logo.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The deadline for Entries is 11:59 PM ET on May 31, 2020. Entrants may withdraw their Entries from consideration at any time prior to the announcement of the winners.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
- Each Entrant may submit up to a maximum of 2 entries.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for APMP-NCA. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily. The logo should be in color, but also work well in a 1-color format. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
The logo should be relevant to the business development, capture and proposal development community. You are encouraged to refer to the APMP-NCA Mission Statement and Objectives at the end of these rules in developing your Entry.
Because of the requirement to register the logo as a Service Mark, Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way like existing logos or other copyrighted images.
The logo must contain the acronym “APMP-NCA” or “APMP National Capital Area.”
The logo must not contain any other text besides that required above.
Designs must be submitted in any of the following formats: .jpg, .tiff, or .pdf. Entries should be of high enough resolution to be used on posters or banners but also recognizable in a small format on a website.
APMP-NCA is not responsible for computer or internet technical problems.
The winning Entrant will receive:
- A $250 Amazon Gift Card.
- The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Up to three runners up will be selected from the entrants who will receive a $20 Amazon Gift Card.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The winning design will be selected by the APMP-NCA Board of Directors. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence on the selection shall be entertained. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above. For Entries of similar merit, the judges may give preference to Entries from APMP-NCA members.
- APMP-NCA reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- APMP-NCA reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No further correspondence on disqualification decisions shall be entertained.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to APMP-NCA.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for APMP-NCA to make public and otherwise use winner’s (or runners-up) name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- By entering, the winning (and runner-up) entrants agree that their name and photograph may be used by APMP-NCA for promotional purposes without further remuneration.
- No timetable is set for the announcement of a winner due to the need to confirm that the winning entry can be registered as a Service Mark.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of APMP-NCA and may be displayed publicly on APMP-NCA web sites, digital media or any other dissemination channel of APMP-NCA’s choosing.
- The winning entry will be registered by APMP-NCA as a Service Mark and the Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to APMP-NCA in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and APMP-NCA in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and APMP-NCA and relating to the Contest.
The mission of the APMP-NCA chapter is to support our members in advancing their professional goals and increasing their capabilities to win business.
The objectives of the APMP-NCA are to:
- Advance the arts, sciences and technology of business development, capture, and proposal development
- Promote professional growth through education, mentorship, scholarships, and encouraging members to attain APMP certification
- Stimulate the exchange of information by means of publications, social media, blogs, meetings, alliances, speaker series, networking events, and conferences
- Recognize contributions of Chapter members for promoting and achieving organization goals
- Encourage networking within the Chapter, within the larger APMP organization, and outside of APMP-NCA with other professional organizations serving similar audiences
- Provide a source of best practices, guidance, and industry wisdom through a Body of Knowledge (Resources on Demand)
- Partner with industry, academia, and government to unleash the power of business development, capture, and proposal management
- Provide a forum for the discussion and examination of problems, solutions, applications, and ideas relevant to the industry
- Disseminate information regarding developments in the profession
- Advance the general and specific purposes of the APMP
- Attract, develop, and retain leadership to ensure the future of the organization.