Senior Proposal Manager
Primary Location: Can be permanent remote with Headquarters in Fredericksburg, VA, USA
Must be a U.S citizen
Clearance: Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
Ability to work remotely: Candidate may work remotely as long as they have the ability to travel and/or work in the office if proposal needs require.
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for leading our proposal efforts from start to finish, including but not limited to, liaising between various departments to gather the information needed, copywriting, as well as presentation and formatting. Be responsible for data calls and the management of teammates ensuring on time delivery of all proposals. This position will ultimately be responsible for the execution and delivery of proposals. The ideal candidate is self-directed and able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Director – Proposal Operations.
- Manage the full proposal life cycle to develop written proposals for Federal government clients in accordance with Shipley and OSG standard processes and templates.
- Act as the point of contact for proposal team members.
- Apply best practices to ensure that proposal submissions are compliant with the applicable RFP instructions and delivered on time and on budget.
- Produce and perform rigorous quality assurance on both draft and final products.
- Work with the proposal team to determine author assignments and integrate win strategy, themes, and discriminators into proposal as the framework of the response.
- Collaborate with the capture team to gain an appropriate understanding of the sales strategy and how it clearly conveys the proper business perspective, key messages, value proposition, and differentiators against our competition.
- Lead Proposal Kickoff Meetings and status calls.
- Drive proposal strategy meetings to discuss themes, discriminators, solution, etc.
- Develop the overall proposal schedule, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal development plan, and writing assignments.
- Coordinate with other organizations and drive the proposal schedule so that it works with other proposal production, BD, and capture schedules, and allows for on-time delivery.
- Lead activities required to successfully perform Storyboard and Color Team proposal reviews.
- Ensuring the formatting and layout of the proposal volumes are compliant with the solicitation.
- Provide insight, leadership, and work guidance to authors on all proposal content.
- Coordinate activities involved in the development of Final Proposal Revisions (FPRs).
- Responsible for ensuring high-quality content, appearance, and assembly of the final proposal product and the on-time delivery of the proposal.
- Conduct proposal lessons learned and document and implement actions to improve overall process.
- Support other business development, operational, and corporate initiatives such as creating white papers; supporting market surveys; participating in strategy and information sessions; working with the sales team to develop presentation materials; and providing writing and editing support to client-facing consultants.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability and experience to conceptualize a total proposal solution and the information needed to support the solution, and then manage solution development at the detail level.
- Ability to review and edit proposal content to ensure compliancy, clarity, and incorporation of win strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong desktop publishing, formatting, and editing skills desired.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and collect data in a dispersed, virtual environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate tasks and objectives to varying audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work non-standard hours
- Ability and desire to mentor junior proposal staff
- Strong time management skills
- Understanding of the FAR and DFARS, and Best Value, Firm-Fixed-Price, and Trade-off acquisition strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, English, Communications, or a related field.
- 6-8 years of proposal development experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5+ years of experience leading proposal efforts.
- 4+ years of Technical Writing experience.
- Experience managing IDIQ proposals.
- Experience working in a fast-paced task order environment.
- Strong experience with analyzing RFP requirements; assisting teams with identifying discriminators and developing themes; organizing resources; developing and managing schedules; and conducting proposal reviews.
- Experience with GWAC task order proposals preferred.
- APMP Practitioner preferred.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Normal office environment.
- Up to 20% in support of proposal development.
Obsidian Solutions Group LLC (OSG) is a fast-growing professional services firm based in Fredericksburg, VA. We create value for our customers by delivering technology-enabled & mission-oriented technical solutions that solve complex problems, protecting people, information, and assets. Our core capabilities are in providing Enterprise IT, Intelligence Analysis, Production & Development and Knowledge-Based Professional Services Solutions that enable the customer’s mission. Obsidian Solutions Group LLC is a certified 8(a), service-disabled, veteran-owned small business.
A career at Obsidian Solutions Group means you are able to put your expertise, credentials, and talents to great use working with customers in the DOD and Intelligence Community, while enjoying the excitement of working in a fast-growing organization committed to making a difference for our customers and in our community. Contribute independently and collaboratively alongside our amazing team of doers and thinkers. Obsidian Solutions Group is small enough to offer a family atmosphere yet large enough to deliver a highly competitive compensation package. We hire and retain the best in the industry, offering exceptional benefits that protect the well-being of our employees, their spouses and domestic partners, and their families.
Our corporate philosophy is centered on hiring and retaining employees with the requisite skills, professional experience, personal commitment, and ethical standards necessary to foster a culture of operational excellence necessary to surpass our customer’s expectations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, protected veteran status, and any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Obsidian Solutions Group is a federal contractor and subject to Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. To ensure compliance with the Executive Order, Obsidian Solutions Group requires all employees present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment. As an equal opportunity employer, qualified applicants who are unable to be vaccinated for religious or medical reasons should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to engage in the interactive process and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations can be offered.