DRT Strategies delivers expert management consulting and information technology (IT) solutions to large federal agencies, the U.S. Navy, state and local government and commercial clients in health care, technology, and the financial services industries.
The three letters of our name, DRT, stand for Driving Resolutions Together, which is the core philosophy on which the company was founded. That is, we collaborate with our clients to solve their most pressing IT challenges - together.
We are problem solvers dedicated to your success, combining Fortune 500 experience with small business responsiveness. We have established a reputation with our clients as a forward-thinking consulting firm with demonstrated success in implementing solutions that lead to meaningful results. Our world-class consultants unite people to work collaboratively to achieve project goals and make your vision a reality.
Leading the proposal response cycle and team in support of Federal Government RFPs to successful completion, ensuring the proposal process is followed, and the final result is compliant and compelling. Supports Capture Manager(s) to lead proposal efforts and reports to the Director of Opportunity Management.
The Senior Proposal Manager will support the Director of Opportunity Management throughout the Opportunity Capture and Proposal Development Lifecycles. Senior Proposal Manager will lead the proposal development process with minimal guidance, working alongside Capture Managers. Leading the development process will include:
- Supports the Capture Manager
- Manages day-to-day proposal activities
- Sets up proposal SharePoint site
- Develops and manages the proposal schedule
- Analyzes RFP for due dates, compliance requirements, evaluation criteria, etc.
- Develops proposal outline, compliance matrix, and annotated writing template
- Approves Volume and Section Lead assignments
- Identify boilerplate content for reuse by authors
- Writing proposal sections (e.g. past performance, resumes, executive summaries) as required
- Co-leads kickoff meetings
- Compiles questions for submission by the Pricing and Contracts Manager
- Develops storyboards with Volume and Section Leads (Blue Team)
- Leads proposal stand up meetings
- Leads proposal Color Team Reviews
- Manage final editing, formatting, production, and White Glove
- Responsible for the timely delivery of all components including the proposal itself (i.e. questions, opt-ins, PPQs, and all volumes/attachments: Technical, Price, Past Performance, Quality Control, 508 GPAT, etc.)
- Assists Account Leads and Capture Managers with pre-RFP capture activities including research, customer outreach, development of marketing materials, and drafting/ editing of DRT White Papers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely delivery of proposals
- Produce high quality and persuasive proposals that successfully capture win themes and solution
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience being fully dedicated to managing proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Desktop publishing skills
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours if needed to meet Government deadlines
- Strong leader
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; team player
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure and work with a broad variety of personalities
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience administering MS SharePoint sites
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Preferably in English, Technology, Business, or Marketing
- Shipley training preferred
Presently, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, DRT employees are teleworking from home and leveraging video conferencing along with other virtual productivity tools. During normal circumstances, the requirement of this position is to be onsite, however, DRT has not yet determined when employees will be required to return to their workspaces. Please be aware that at the time a date is determined, the requirement of this position will be to report to the worksite.
DRT Strategies, Inc. (DRT) celebrates diversity and is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics, disability, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, DRT complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.