Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them. You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
Capture Managers are the leaders of mega deal pursuits (>$20M) within Conduent’s public sector. They provide leadership and direction to the entire deal team along with interfacing with clients, Conduent executives, and various internal teams. Capture Managers provide leadership in all aspects of a deal and through the entire deal life-cycle: competitive positioning, partnership development, solution, cost model, price to win, and proposal. They are the project manager responsible for making sure everything comes together into a compelling winning bid.
This is a commissionable position and can be located anywhere in the US.
- Formulate, communicate, and implement an integrated capture strategy that provides a clear and defensible justification for selecting Conduent for award against competition.
- Co-own the opportunity with the deal owner from bid decision to contract award
- Direct the preparation and execution of the capture plan, capture schedule, win strategy sessions and budget (if applicable) associated with the opportunity.
- Lead, motivate, and energize internal and external team members to produce a winning solution
- Ensure the appropriate resources are assigned to address all client requirements and win strategy.
- Work with Opportunity Owner to identify competitors and facilitate Black Hat/Competitive Analysis workshops
- Work with Opportunity Owner to identify client pain points and goals and use these along with competitive analysis to develop Win Strategy
- Work in concert with the Proposal Manager to oversee development of all proposal volumes including; cost volume, oversee development and the execution of color review teams
- Participate in color reviews and provide feedback and/or changes to ensure a highly scored proposal
- Identify and mitigate capture/pursuit risks
- Help identify program risk assessment activities (SLA exposure, etc.)
- Manage multiple subcontractors and partners throughout the bidding process
- Organize and oversee oral presentations
- Develop and present capture management reports and briefings
- Identify capture team, strategic industry partners and assigns capture responsibilities
- Work closely with internal functional departments (e.g., Contracts, Pricing, Finance, HR, Real Estate, Procurement, etc.) to assure an integrated approach
- Properly delegate authority and responsibility to ensure each work stream drives toward the common goal
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and other practices set forth by upper management
- Working with Opportunity Owner, coordinate all necessary modifications to NDA’s, teaming agreements and statements of work need from solution vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers with contracts and legal teams.
- 5+ years of experience in Capture Management and/or Business Development, required
- Industry knowledge related to State & Local and Transportation industry, including; Tolling, Parking, Speed Camera or Transit.
- Highly organized and attention to detail managing multiple concurrent work streams
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong Sales acumen with familiarity with the sales/Business Development life-cycle
- Applies strong and consistent leadership skills and practices.
- Understands government procurement, business development/sales and proposal management
- Knows when and how to properly escalate to ensure tasks are completed successfully and on time
- Working knowledge of contracts and legal language
- Knowledge of rules, regulations and idiosyncrasies of procurement, buying practices and budget cycles
- Adapts to changing requirements dictated by client-driven or internal factors
- Ability to successfully manage time and priorities necessary to meet critical deadlines, and be able to manage a heavy workload in a highly competitive and visible, and sometimes stressful environment
- Familiarity with financial metrics and deal indicators
- Strong program/operations knowledge to help drive winning approach (transition, schedule, etc.)
- Mastery of MS Suite – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.