Guardian Defense Group Inc. is searching for a Proposal Manager/Technical Writer. This position will be responsible for the development of accurate, compelling messaging and high quality content for proposals. The successful candidate will exhibit strong writing skills to ensure consistency and clarity to meet client needs. Guardian Defense Group Inc. (GDG) recognizes that the global spread of COVID-19 is a challenging time for everyone. Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our workforce, guests and candidates, and we provide the flexibility of remote work to our staff.
This position is an opportunity for those gifted with the ability to craft an innovative story while adhering to strict deadlines and specific compliance standards for multiple projects. This position can be remote and we support telework. GDG uses Zoom and TEAMS and videoconferencing for meetings.
- Creation of compliant proposals in accordance with a federal solicitation (i.e. Statement of Work/Performance Work Statement/Request for Proposal/Request for Quote)
- Leadining Proposal Writing Team through process of proposal formation from Pink/Red Team to White Glove
- Assigning sections of writing to available SMEs/Consultants/Writers
- Authoring technical and management content and/or editing proposal content drafted by other contributors, including technical sections, management and staffing sections, resumes, past performance, and executive summaries.
- Editing completed sections of proposal documents for accuracy, grammar, and formatting.
- Synthesizing raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive passage Interviewing experts and drafting white papers
- Ability to quickly produce high-quality written content based upon individual research and clearly defined customer requirements
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Word Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex and technical topics
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Must be flexible, highly motivated, and able to clearly and concisely write proposal sections to convey knowledge of the client's mission and business objectives and how our solution meets or exceeds requirements
Highly Desired Skills
- 5-10 years of experience as a writer in federal contract proposals, special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in proposal writing for contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Intelligence Community (IC)
- 3-5 years of experience as a Proposal Manager or Proposal Team Lead
- Skill in graphic design or creation of process/concept visualizations
- Able to effectively interview provided subject matter experts to obtain the information needed for each section
- Highly organized, team-oriented, enthusiastic, independent thinker, and collaborative
- Must possess excellent reading comprehension, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills Demonstrated ability to manage time and deliverables under tight deadlines.
Required/Desired Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant topical area such as Political Science, National Security, Business Development, English, Communications, or a technical discipline required.
Note: Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
Related keywords: technical writer, writer, communications, writing, technical writer remote
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Proposal Writing: 5 years (Required)
- Proposal Management: 3 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes