We are searching for a mid-level Proposal Writer/Manager that is ambitious and wants to grow within a company. The three top most important requirements and must haves to be successful in this position are:
- Experience running proposals over $10M dollars.
- Experience with writing proposals in software development, cloud, infrastructure, or data services.
- Experience in writing proposals for DOJ entities, IC, and/or DoD.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for recommending and implementing best practice, measurable, and repeatable processes that result in winning proposals and meet organizational goals
- Leverage experience and best practices in the development and implementation of successful proposal strategies, processes, and tools
- Oversee corporate processes for technical proposal management, planning, writing, editing, production, and quality assurance, working collaboratively with operating divisions and business proposal staff
- Develop a comprehensive proposal knowledge management infrastructure, including development and maintenance of proposal guides, artifacts, templates, examples, compliance, and boilerplate text Implement improvements and enhancements to the proposal management process and execution
- Facilitate the development and distribution of appropriate proposal-related documentation, including compliance matrices, style guides, outlines, schedules, writing guidance, and kick-off presentations
- Coordinate with the contracts and pricing staff on cost and contractual volumes to ensure appropriate schedules, inputs, Price to Win
- Coordinate with line managers for technical input and management strategies
- Author appropriate proposal sections and help design graphic concepts
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel from the CEO to administrative staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain a Secret
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Communications, English, Journalism or related major Experience Level:
APMP Certification Preferred.
Minimum 7 years managing Federal proposal teams and proven experience writing, designing and producing winning multi-million-dollar proposals.
At least 7-10 years leading multiple proposal efforts preferred.
- A proven track record managing, and winning proposals within the federal market ($100M+). Demonstrated experience supporting vehicles such as GSA IT Schedule 70, SeaPort E, Eagle II, CIOSP3, SPARC, Alliant, etc. required
- Knowledge of the federal contracting environment and procurement processes, including RF(x) requirements
- Ability to work successfully and collaboratively in a matrixed environment and skilled at fostering effective team collaboration
- Experience in one or more of the following Government Agencies: VA, DoS, FAA, NASA, DoJ, DoD, DISA
- Experience in technical writing, editing, proof reading and desktop publishing.