ARServices is seeking a full-time, highly motivated, and experienced Proposal Operations Manager to join our team. This important position will have a significant impact on the continued growth of ARServices. The Proposal Operations Manager will support the development of “all” aspects of proposals and other sales documentation (such as RFIs, SSNs, RFQs, etc.), working closely with management and functional experts. The Proposal Operations Manager must understand the proposal development processes, proposal management functions, project management approaches and techniques and will be responsible for coordinating the development of all proposal products.
The Proposal Operation Manager will have the responsibility of coordinating all phases of the company’s proposal process in response to U.S. government and commercial requests for proposals (RFPs) and other sales documentation. The Proposal Operations Manager will also be responsible for maintaining accurate proposal and sales document records and repositories of proposal materials/components. The ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple proposal efforts, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in this role.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with several years of hands-on experience working all aspects of the government proposals, including RFI/SSNs, looking for an opportunity to take her/his career to the next level and become the center point of a proposal operations and marketing support function within a fast-growing professional services company.
- Manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer.
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal.
- Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications and determine final document structure.
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits. Strong organizational management skills and attention to detail are essential attributes. Must be able to do general editing of written material, writing new material or working with reuse material, proof-reading, and performing quality check of proposals under tight deadline constraints.
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program management staff to extract critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions.
- Develop and manage to a proposal schedule.
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors.
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project timeline.
- Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established guidelines.
- Manage the collection and editing of proposal materials to ensure compliance.
- Ensure proposals are compliant with all section L&M or similar instructions/ requirements.
- Develop and maintain a repository of “best in breed” proposal material for reuse. Routinely update material to ensure successful efforts are rolled in the company’s proposal in the future.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate. Monitor and remaining current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess 8-10+ years of relevant professional experience in a Proposal Manager or Solutions role. This includes experience and knowledge of Government proposal process, terms, and requirements and demonstrated experience coordinating the development of proposals.
- Independently define, schedule, and manage multiple proposal preparation processes. The ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP
- Demonstrated understanding of Shipley proposal processes
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.