100% remote or Falls Church, VA
The Proposal Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and supporting the proposal development lifecycle for multiple, simultaneous, federal government proposal responses. The Proposal Manager is responsible for administering proposal processes, ensuring configuration management, ensuring compliance, providing guidance and assistance to authors, administering proposal related resources, preparing proposal related reports. The Proposal Manager will work jointly with the Director of Proposals to interface with teaming partners to coordinate proposal development activities between companies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the full life cycle of the proposal response process from analysis of RFPs to final production and submission of compliant winning proposals.
- Independently lead the coordination and preparation of proposals including proposal strategy, scheduling; participating in and/or leading go/no go discussions, kick-off meetings, storyboarding and win strategy sessions, and review meetings; directing work of other team members, sub-consultants, SMEs, and others; managing production; ensuring compliance and on-time delivery of response.
- Develop compliance matrices, proposal schedule/calendar, proposal volume templates, and proposal outlines based on solicitation requirements.
- Lead activities required to successfully assemble multi-functional teams to perform Storyboard, Pink, Red and Gold Team proposal reviews; Sets color team review goals and objectives; trains color team reviewers to participate in reviews; determines disposition of color team reviewer comments; develops the color team recovery plan; and executes the color team recovery plan on-time to meet approved recovery plan.
- Develops win themes, best value proposition, and discriminators. Maintain focus on the win strategy throughout the proposal process and infuse that strategy and its resultant tactics effectively throughout the entire proposal.
- Leverage government debrief and win/loss information to better prepare proposal management, business development, capture management, and operational leadership for future opportunities.
- Conduct short, effective daily proposal stand-up meetings to coordinate draft development on through completion.
- Maintain strict control of proposal teams to ensure adherence to the schedule and managing deadline.
- Maintain configuration control of all proposal documents, deliverables, and graphics.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Mass Communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years of Federal government contracting proposal development.
- 5+ years of Federal government contracting proposal management experience.
- Knowledge of RFP life cycle management and federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFARS).
- Knowledge of Shipley Processes.
- Exceptional MS Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills.