Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with an emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time, Remote Proposal Manager to support management with the proposal aspects of running the company.
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access IGS systems and therein use approved IGS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for managing the overall proposal effort and the short-and long-term assignments of the proposal team. In addition, the proposal manager will work with team to prioritize opportunities that IGS should pursue and support Bid/No Bid decisions. The Proposal Manager will complete proposal materials including the coordination of technical inputs, pricing, contracts, and final approval release to clients. The ideal candidate will also have a record of successful project or proposal leadership or facilitation, in addition, understanding the capture process is also required. The candidate will also support proposals (flex schedules) on an ongoing basis.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but limited to):
- Prepare and deliver all proposal volumes and required proposal deliverables
- Plan and lead overall proposal and proposal support activities including development of proposal writing aids
- Develop master proposal schedule and detailed proposal outline for all volumes
- Review RFPs and develop detailed proposal compliance matrix
- Develop and maintain proposal checklist and tracking sheet
- Allocate proposal personnel and resources
- Issue effective proposal instructions and memoranda to proposal team
- Develop pricing templates
- Control all proposal tactics including theme, discriminators, and formatting decisions
- Approve, resolve, and control any RFP exceptions or deviations
- Lead kick off meetings and color reviews
- Plan corrective actions after reviews to share with proposal team
- Maintain status for entire proposal
- Conduct regular proposal status meetings
- Conduct and manage meetings and agendas, document results and action items
- Document lessons learned following every proposal and ensure all proposal documents are included in the SharePoint site
- Ensure materials are readily available via SharePoint and shall put together and customized for each opportunity and new text will be coordinated with subject matter experts after initial draft is developed by resource for compliance
- All drafts and RFP/RFQ/RFI/RTEP materials shall be loaded to central repositories
- Coordinate reviews and manage schedule for submission
- BS in English or similar
- 6+ years of professional experience or 4 years of professional experience with a master’s degree.
- Must have experience using SharePoint for collaborative efforts
- Must have strong experience as a proposal editor in federal contracting
- Must have strong experience with the proposal process and development of key lessons learned
- Ability to conceptualize a total proposal solution and the information needed to support the solution, and then manage the solution development at the detail level
- Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent researching skills along with high attention to detail—critical
- Excellent analytical skills to understand how to connect the dots on trends and relevant information
- Strong computer skills and comfortable with the following software: MS Office Suite, Visio, Adobe products, Acrobat Professional
- Strong written and verbal communications to effectively work with the project team and various SMEs
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Strong process improvement initiatives and collaborative nature, identifying areas for improvement and providing suggestions for improvement on technologies and processes.
- Ability to lead geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to understand customers’ needs and objectives – both IGS customers and ultimate customers who will evaluate the proposal
- Ability to lead teams to include:
- Identify, obtain, and organize the best resources to accomplish the job
- Communicate tasks and objectives to the proposal team – clearly and unambiguously
- Understand the proposal team’s strengths and weaknesses and maximize performance to meet proposal objectives
- Anticipate and resolve proposal challenges and problems
- Control the whole proposal process and final product
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Self-motivator with ability to work remotely as part of a team, or independently with little supervision or direction
- Experience working for a certified women-owned small business (WOSB) supporting Federal government contracts
- Past experience supporting proposal management in Health IT
- Experience remediating and producing 508 Compliant documents based on Government standards.
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, an education assistance program, employee recognition program and spot bonuses, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.