Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Proposal Manager to (1) manage individual proposals and (2) contribute to building the knowledge and expertise of all staff in implementing the Westat proposal process. This position is based at Westat’s Rockville, Maryland headquarters.
• Manage individual proposals, including:
• Developing and monitoring the proposal schedule.
• Preparing the proposal outline and compliance matrix.
• Scheduling, facilitating and documenting meetings, including color reviews.
• Coordinating with editing, graphics, and proposal production.
• Conducting RFP compliance reviews.
• Collaborating with proposal pricing staff to ensure technical and business proposals are consistent and on schedule for delivery.
• Overseeing final production and ensuring timely submission of proposals.
• Performing varied proposal management tasks needed in responding to and submitting follow up submissions (responses to questions and final proposal revisions).
• Contribute to building the knowledge and expertise of all staff in implementing the Westat proposal process, including:
• Training and mentoring new proposal managers and other staff on proposal process.
• Updating and maintaining tools, templates, and other content in proposal resources repository.
• Contributing to building, updating, and maintaining proposal databases containing proposals, resumes, and project descriptions.
• Participating in strategic planning efforts to refine and improve proposal processes.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 5 years of proposal management experience.
• Experience with Federal, state, nonprofit, and other agency proposal requirements
• Familiarity with the mission and work of major clients, including, CDC, NIH, SAMHSA, other HHS agencies, ED, DOJ, SSA, USDA, DOT, and VA
• Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), Foundation-Level
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.