Our client has a requirement to hire an experienced and accomplished Capture Manager. This position is a key leadership role supporting growth, strategy, and capture under the VP of C5ISR working in concert with Chief Growth Office guidance and direction and is focused on the successful development of contract award opportunities. Our client is looking for the best-fit candidate to support DoD and DHS markets with experience in Navy / Air Force / CBP markets.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with C5ISR Business Unit and the Chief Growth Office to execute the responsibilities outlined below. The candidate will share overall responsibility for business development and capture strategy, planning, and execution. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices needed to manage a book of business, including market alignment, business development/capture, opportunity pipeline development and sustainment, client development and management, and proposal development support responsibilities.
Business development lifecycle responsibilities will include market and customer development, opportunity identification, target, qualification, and capture activities. The candidate will defend the determination of pursuit decisions and will be responsible for leading each opportunity through the full business development process.
Our client market segments include Engineering, Integration & Mission Solutions, Information Technology and Solutions, and Platform Integration, Logistics, Readiness & Sustainment. Capture opportunities will be targeted towards Managed IT services, Hardware/Software Integration & Logistics, Mission Engineering, and Program Support, Cyber, Cloud & Data Analytics, and Sciences, C5ISR.
This position reports to the Vice President of C5ISR. Position is 100% working remotely, with some work travel.
- Identify, develop, and execute a pipeline of qualified opportunities in support of Our client growth objectives to include a full array of capture strategies (new capture, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.). Must have a proven track record of closing deals.
- Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, time & material, and performance-based contracting.
- Strong understanding of DoD budget cycles
- Build, develop, and foster relationships with key agency decision-makers, stakeholders, industry partners, and influencers to pursue and win new opportunities.
- Must have a demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $100M that meets/exceeds challenging corporate goals and objectives.
- Must work collaboratively and proactively across the organization to achieve broader company growth objectives while maintaining connectivity to the program/contract executing managers.
- Engage in industry events and serve as liaison for memberships and event participation.
- Continually conduct market research and analysis of the latest trends in funding and mission priorities across the agencies
- Provide capture strategy guidance and actively engage/support proposal efforts.
- Coordinate priorities and resources between multiple opportunities
- Prepare and update Our client' authoritative tracking tool for all tracked opportunities and be able to defend justification for pursuit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Clearance Required: Secret
- Current Secret clearance required, as well as ability to pass investigation needed to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree, business (preferred) or a related discipline
- 10+ years well-rounded experience conducting business development activities across the federal market.
- Demonstrated success in the DoD business development market through prior work experience in customer-facing roles.
- Demonstrated business development, customer relationship management and technical proposal writing skills.
- Knowledge of business development standards and best practices (Shipley Based) to include process improvement techniques and the ability to lead and direct improvement initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Organization missions, cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs, challenges, and buying trends
- Proven, sustained ability and reputation of winning contract awards of over $100M while maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
- Experience developing and managing a pipeline, forecasting, and closing deals.
- Established relationships with influential clients, stakeholders, and influencers, with demonstrated ability to develop and foster new relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape and existing contracts within the DoD Market Place
- Knowledge of the federal acquisition process, procedures, and associated regulations
- Experience with C5ISR related Hardware/Software Engineering and IT solutions and services including Agile Transformation, Cloud Solutions, and Data Visualization and Analytics
- Ability to make sound business decisions and use appropriate judgment.
- Self-initiator, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and ability to inspire growth across and within the team.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Experience interacting with and briefing senior government and industry acquisition officials.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Unquestionable integrity and character
- Regular travel in market area of responsibility and periodic travel to Our client corporate office in Hollywood, MD is required
- Shipley Capture or equivalent training desired